As one of the top roofing companies in Columbia, SC, we take pride in assisting our clients with the maintenance and upkeep of their roofs. Although routine maintenance should be a yearly occurrence, most problems are not detected until there is some indication that causes concern.
What are Some Indications Your Roof May Need Repairs?
Signs of roofing repairs extend beyond the simple leak. There are a number of things you should consider, such as:
- Age - Do you know how old your roof is? A new roof may last up to 20 years or longer, but there are factors to be considered. For instance, whether or not the old roof was completely removed, ventilation, whether or not you have more than one layer of shingles, and other factors may mean your roof has aged more quickly and is in need of repair.
- Shingles - If your shingles are starting to curl, dented, or buckling, you may need to consult a roofing contractor. Shingles losing their consistency when looking at the roof from a slope is a major indicator that there is an underlying problem. Certainly, if there are shingles missing, you are in need of roofing repairs.
- Valleys - Are all the shingles in the valleys intact? This is an important part of the roof that is frequently neglected but can cause major issues. Additionally, seeing parts of the roof or granules in the gutters of your home during rain are also indicators that you need some roof work done.
- Sagging - If you have areas that are starting to sag from the exterior roof deck or in some interior spots, you may have rot or water damage that needs to be addressed.
- Moisture - Moisture is a sure sign of roof leaks that need repairs. If you see staining, mildew, mold, or pools of water, call our experienced staff for consultation.
- Light showing through - If you see areas of sunlight in your attic area or ceiling, you need to have your roof repaired or replaced because this means your home is open and exposed to the elements.
Knowing the signs of roof damage is key. At Alexander Roofing, we are ready to assess any concerns and provide recommendations to get your roof back to its proper state. Our team is qualified to handle both simple and serious problems in such a way that exceeds expectations but considers your budget.
For more information on indicators of damage and roofing repair, call our team at Alexander Roofing at 803-695-2748 to make an appointment today.